Thursday, October 12, 2006

Ed Niemczura Wants Your Questions

In a pretty savvy political move, Republican Ed Niemczura wants to answer your questions when he's on "Politically Speaking" on Thursday, Oct. 26. If that date seems to familiar to you, well....

Anyway, Niemczura will be on for a half-hour, and offered to answer as many reader questions as possible in that time. As you might remember, this whole Fiasco DiNatale started yesterday when I asked for reader questions for the now-deceased Oct. 26 debate. At least one guy wants to hear what's on your mind.

So, send them on in and we'll pass them along. Make 'em pointed, make 'em direct, make 'em thoughtful and thought-provoking. Just make 'em. Show the guy and the viewing audience that we care. You can drop them in the comments below, or e-mail them.

Before Niemczura gets his turn, however, I'll be on "Politically Speaking" next week with host Ralph Romano. We'll be part of a roundtable with Donna Deschaines and Dave Svens from FATV. We'll be talking electoral politics, on both the local and state level. Romano usually puts on a good show, but with the four of us battling to suck out the most oxygen in the room, it should be a real hoot. That's at 7 next Thursday, Oct. 19, 7 p.m.

By the way, thanks again for reading. One of the things I've thought about a lot in the last day is how this whole debate started because Ralph and I wanted to crank up the public discourse leading up to the election. But I've also thought about the fact that people I don't know and wouldn't recognize if I bumped into them on Main Street take the time every day to read and get involved and have created something of a community here. I'm sorry things didn't work out this time and I feel like I've let some people down. However, I think there's a valuable lesson to be learned here that will be very applicable in the future. It might be too late to do much about this November, but next year's election is perhaps more important to our city's future. I think that lesson can be well used next year.

|