Sunday, April 22, 2007

Meanwhile, in Sports

So, way back when Sox tickets went on sale, I tried to tickets for the SF Giants series. I wanted to boo the living hell out of Barry Bonds.

I passed. The tickets were either standing room or obstructed view or single-seat only, and I didn't want to go through the effort and cost for crappy seats -- just to boo the most hate-worthy athlete ever.

But now, with Bonds apparently fully juiced and back to crushing the ball, it appears I should have gotten those tickets. It would have been awesome to see him break baseball's most hallowed record, and have nothing but 36,000 people booing him as he rounded the bases. A great way to ruin the moment.

Bonds is in town June 15-17. He needs 15 homers to tie Hank Aaron, 16 to top him. It's very conceivable he could come into Boston with the record on the line.

I think there are few cities that would give Bonds the appropriate treatment he deserves. Probably Boston, New York and Philly in some order or another.

The more I think about it, the more I wish I had gotten those tickets. Barry Bonds deserves nothing but the worst.

By the way, if you're on the fence about Bonds for some reason, read "Game of Shadows." Simply awesome.

Labels:

|