Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Challenge

For some reason the headline thingy doesn't work right now. But anyway:

Here's a challenge that I don't think will be met, but I'm offering anyway. For the next week, pay attention to your mother. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Why? Well, two reasons. First, over the last week -- and the last few days in particular -- the tone has gotten really, really nasty. Second, no one is saying anything new, they're just saying meaner. In short: "Ted hasn't done anything." "Lisa's fans are negative." Put this way, I have absolutely no desire to read these comments, mostly because they're -- in a familar phrase around here -- "Same old, same old."

So, I'm calling for a one-week cooling off period, truce, whatever you want to call it. If you have something to say, make sure it's relatively nice. Or at least based on a current policy matter.
The same moderating rules apply, so if you go negative I'll still post it as long as it plays by the rules.

Let's see what happens, but I'm guessing this won't last until next Tuesday. Enjoy, and thanks as always for reading.

Labels:

|