Monday, May 14, 2007

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

Occassionally I'll dip into sports here to just vent on stuff going on, but I don't think I've gotten into the arts and entertainment world. Until today. Because I am on a mission.

The good news is, NBC made the wise, wise choice to bring "Friday Night Lights" back next fall. The kind of bad news is that it'll be back on Fridays at 10. Warm up the TiVo.

If you missed it -- and based on its craptacular ratings, you did -- "Friday Nights Lights" is fantastic television. Yup, there's a bunch of teenagers and some football, but each and every character is compelling, and the direction is absolutely artful. It is fantastically well done. While there's stuff just as entertaining out there, few shows are as technically and artistically wonderful.

So, here's encouragement to check it out in summer reruns so you're ready to go for the new season (as I'll do with "Heroes," which deserves a summer pickup in Casa Lefferts from all reports). I'm just giddy I'll be able to giggle my way through another of season of Coach Erik Taylor glaring at everything at sight.

|