Sunday, July 22, 2007

You know who you are

Check out the below from Bruce Marion, in a comment posted somewhere else. The petty bickering chases someone else away. But you all keep slinging the mud at each other, defending personal feelings over policy and factual debate. People might be reading, but what you write might always register. You might right one great comment, but the four before that makes you unreadable. Just so you know.

I have a pretty clear conscious on this one, and on the general junk in my posts and comments. To each his own, but you know who you are.

Remember that challenge from a few weeks ago? It wasn't whining on my part. I had a point.

Wally,Thanks for confirming what I had already determined about some of the
people here. I had been told by several people in Fitchburg that as a public
official, I was absolutely crazy to attempt to share views here because many
have a very negative attitude about the people posting here, and I had been told
that you would all just "beat me up."I wanted to see for myself if what I was
told was fact and not fiction. I would never just take anyones word for anything
when it is a comment about other people.I have confirmed much of what was said
to me, and that I will (to my dismay) not accomplish anything here. I've made
several attempts in trying to get the folks here focused on things that might be
productive for Fitchburg, and have not been successful.I extended an invitation
to those of you that would be interested in productive and positive dialog about
our troubles here in Fitchburg, by joining us at www.fitchburgsvoice.comThat
invitation still stands, but the blog will be held to strict guidelines for
commentary...only positive and productive discussion allowed.I had hoped I could
convince some to engage in that type of dialog here, but that won't happen!I
wish you all much happiness and health!Bruce Marien

|