Thursday, September 20, 2007

Apologies, and some semi-InstaAnalysis

OK, I'm no IT guy, and I couldn't get the computer to work on-site. Sorry y'all.

That's too bad, because tonight was super-revealing. And for one candidate, it was a knockout.

Ron Dionne was funny, honest, and still slightly fuzzy on things, but he charmed the crowd throughout. A better night for him.

Ted DeSalvatore seemed to kind of disappear. Part of it was that during the question-each-other period, DeSalvatore didn't get a lot of questions asked of him. But he seemed to kind of be a third whell.

I'm not going to dig up my notes right now, that's for tomorrow, but Tom Donnelly came across as bitter and entitled. He made a number of mentions of his long-term status in the city, and was super-condesending to candidates on some issues. His maintaining of not-my-fault on the city budget still irks.

Finally, Lisa Wong, who turned in a remarkable performance. Simply, she blew the rest of the field away, going away. She was energized, visionary, and didn't say "goal oriented" once. Not once. Amazing turnaround. If you have been a Wong fan from day one, this was the candidate you were hoping and waiting for.

More in the morning. I'm angry, hungry, and haven't seen my wife in what seems like months. My loss, certainly not her's. Sorry, again. More here and at FP.com on the morrow.

Labels: , , , ,

|