Friday, January 18, 2008

Chief Search Heating Up

The search for the new police chief hits a big point in the process tomorrow morning, when the search committee conducts interviews. You can read a little more about it at the Fitchburg Pride website. It's not in today's paper -- bonus coverage, people.

I don't know the entire list of candidates to be interviewed, but I have a pretty good idea about two of the names on the list. I have to maintain some confidences here, and I'm not entirely sure if those two names are actually interviewing, so I won't be spilling the names, at least not today. But I will say of the two names I know, I've had some face-to-face dealings with both as a reporter, and I like them both and think they're good at their jobs. I'd be comfortable with either. I don't have resumes, can't sit in on meetings and interviews, and I'm not as fully conversant as the committee (and nor should I be, really), but I think if either of the two names I'm aware of were chief, that would be pretty good. If there's someone out there better than those two, all the better for Fitchburg.

So, there you go.

Labels:

|