Wednesday, May 21, 2008

If Not Now, When?

Not so start (another) war on the trash fee front, but one thing in both dailies today struck me as odd.

From the Telegram: "She’s been in office five months, all of a sudden she’s trying to quash the problem that’s been here for years,” (Bill) Walsh said. “I’d never vote for her again. I’d vote for the homeless first.”

From the Sentinel: "It took us years to get into this mess and now she wants to wipe it out in the first year and dump it on the taxpayers," (William) Clapper said. "That ain't right. I just can't take it anymore."

The she in both instances is the mayor. So, she's moving too fast to try to solve the budget problem? What is the proper pace? If not now, when? I understand the arguments of more burden on the taxpayers and all that, but I don't really understand the umbrage at trying to tackle the problem quickly. Can someone help me out here?

Labels:

|