Thursday, September 04, 2008

Meanwhile, just a few miles away

I hate to get into more presidential politics after last night's and today "Lefferts is a dumb poopiehead" comments (although I wonder why people don't either, 1. read what I write or, 2. believe it. Because that's apparently a problem on this stuff), but I'm a sucker for punishment.

Anyway, I was trolling around Real Clear Politics, where they have Obama currently up in Electoral College, 273-265. That includes toss-up states breaking one way or another (obviously), so to call it a hard and fast count is probably not a good idea.

Furthermore, according to RCP, Obama has a poll average lead of .3 percent in New Hampshire. New Hampshire is four Electoral College votes. Hey... if I move four EC votes from NH to McCain... it's a tie. That would be awesome.

Considering the comments on here in the last 24 hours, I suspect there are some pretty solid McCain fans trolling. Not sure about Obama fans, but I assume they're out there. So, anyone planning on hiking to NH between now and Election Day and doing some civic good? Or will we just watch and see what happens? Crazy to think such a battleground is just 10 or 12 miles away, and all we can do is watch and maybe pitch in a little bit if super-motivated.

Labels:

|