Thursday, November 06, 2008

It Only Gets Harder

I took yesterday off from writing here, mostly because I didn't think there was much I could add that wasn't written somewhere else.

Today, I considered writing something about what will be on one of Obama's biggest problems. He won 340-something EC delegates, more than a majority of the popular vote, but a significant chunk of the country will not give this guy a legitimate chance to prove himself.

I realized I couldn't say it much better than my college buddy Mike Biglin, who wrote the following on Facebook Tuesday afternoon. I'm gonna let Bigsie bring it on home, Philly style:


After hearing some things and reading some of your comments, just one thought I wanted to put out there as we enter into mid-afternoon on Election Day 2008:

We're all in this together, no matter whom we support or voted for. Everyone has been talking so much about fear these days -- the Daily Show did a STELLAR John Oliver report last week on it from both sides, showing how both sides sound like COMPLETE TWITS -- so keeping with that theme, here's what I fear most from tonight: Obama supporters being so obnoxious when they win that they'll make the worst of Patriots fans look like lobotomized vegatables. OR, if McCain wins, Obama supporters going over the top the other way - acting like the apocalypse just hit the planet.

Hey folks, if McCain wins tonight -- the world's gonna keep turning on its axis, the sun will rise and you're gonna wake up; trust me.

We MUST work together, whoever is in charge. and this country is too big, too great, for the election of ONE MAN to completely destroy what centuries of people have toiled and given their lives to build. If you think that, you're deluded beyond comprehension -- and I'm talking equally about both sides here.

when did intelligently agreeing to disagree cease to exist? I voted for Obama, but if McCain wins I'm sure as hell not going to jump off the Tobin. and Obama people, if you think that your way is the only way and refuse to listen to anyone else -- well, then you're no worse than that lovely gent residing on Penn. Avenue in DC for the last eight years - that's the way HE THINKS.

so get over yourselves, open up your minds and hearts and embrace the one thing that this day DOES represent -- how great this country is, and remember the blood that has been spilt in places like Concord and Valley Forge; Spotsylvania Court House, Anteitam and Little Round Top; the fields of Meuse-Argonne and St. Mihiel; the hedgerows of Normandy and the jungles of Guadalcanal; and today in the hills of Afghanistan so you DO have the right to walk up to that polling place and cast your vote.

think about them before you start acting like an @ss tonight, OK?
thanks for reading
bigs

|