Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Our Fickle, Fickle Queen


I was driving down River Street this afternoon, and sadly noted the (waaaaaaaaay tooooooo eeeeeaaaarlllllly) closure of Dairy Queen.

Not to say I didn't know this was coming. I went a few weeks ago, and roughly half the Blizzard ingredients were blacked out. The end was near, my friends.

While I enjoy tasty high-brow ice cream, I have a soft spot for Dairy Queen. Particularly Blizzards, generally peanut butter cup. I only hit it about a half-dozen times during the summer, but it's always with great anticipation. I like frozen chemicals.

But this mid-September closure (OK, OK, late-September) is an outrage. A true frozen treat crime. I mean, there hasn't even been a frost yet.

I don't know much about the economics of ice cream stores, but I do know that it's a sad, sad day when you realize the Dairy Queen is closed. I'm just glad I wasn't on a Blizzard run when I found out.

I know, I know, the one in the mall is still open, and that's nice and all, but I almost never go to the mall. It also doesn't have the same vibe. Jeez, they don't even ask "For now or take home in a bag."

You can go back to living a real life now.

Labels:

|