Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Obsession with New Hampshire Grows

If you go back a few weeks, you'll find my last post about New Hampshire and its potential role in this year's presidential election.

I've been picking away at this particular scab, and my obsession only gets larger. Certainly Florida was The Story in the 2000 election, and rightly should have been. And always will be. But...

Did you know that Bush won the Electoral College 271-267? Or by one more than the magic 270? And that he won New Hampshire by only like 9,000 votes (like 1.5 percent)?

The Electoral College map looks so close, still, that I continue to wonder what is going on with our neighbors to the north. N.H. will be one of the first battleground states to wrap up on Election Night -- maybe the first -- but it might provide the four votes Obama or McCain needs to win the White House. I'm picking up scattered reports that some locals are organizing to go northward between now and Nov. 4, but not too much.

I know at least one faithful reader here lives in N.H. (yes, Derek, I'm looking at you). If you live in the Granite State, or have some insight into what's happening up there, please share. My obsession needs some soothing.

Labels:

|