Friday, November 07, 2008

What Do We Want? Verizon. When Do We Want It? Now.

I'm now on Day 3 of screaming at Comcast, and it has gotten me nowheres.

Somehow, my e-mail address with Comcast, which I've had for at least 5 years, has been wiped out. Gone. No one knows what happened. What started as a technical glitch -- a mild term, considering all the address rebuilding and whatnot that comes with this -- is now a customer service issue. I was told Wednesday someone would call me back within an hour. Nada. When I called Thursday, I was asked why someone should call me back at this point. I want on a rampage about bringing me back and what not. Nada. This afternoon, I was told there's a 72-hour minimum before they call back, as they try to figure out what happened. Not long enough to calm me down on this one.

So, shockingly, the cable company is showing little to no customer service. Why am I not surprised?

What's my point? The city is currently negotiating with Verizon to bring FiOS into Fitchburg. At this point, it can't happen soon enough. If you're someone working on the cable contract and are reading this, I'm begging you to get this done soon. Begging you. We need an option.

If you think Comcast stinks, too (and why wouldn't you?), please share below.

Labels:

|