Wednesday, August 01, 2007

MYLOTT OUT OF MAYOR'S RACE

Mayor Dan Mylott announced today he is not running for re-election this fall. For more throughout the afternoon, check out the Fitchburg Pride website, which broke the story first this afternoon.

Obviously, this is huge news and shakes up the mayor's race. Discuss.

UPDATED 2:36 P.M.: Quickly, a few things: The Pride website was just updated with more material, including quotes from Mylott and a link to the press conference via FATV. Go check it out. Also, in the spirit of media whoring, I'll be on AM 1280 The Blend this afternoon during drive time and tomorrow morning around 7 a.m., so share a cup of coffee, won't you, with me and Ben Parker.

Finally, that's twice in a month City Monitor has posted a comment breaking news. I usually don't give a damn about these things, but I really want to know who CM is. The curiosity is killing me. CM, zip me an e-mail if you wanna let me know.

Labels: , ,

|